The Krugersdorp News team believes that it is the voice of the community and is distributed free to 30 630 Krugersdorpers every Wednesday.
Since 1983, the NEWS has become a pillar in the community of Krugersdorp as a worthy news provider in economical, political and social fields.
This respected publication has, since the early 80s, gone from strength to strength, and today it comprises of a young, dynamic and energetic team of journalists who focus on relevant community issues and considers themselves as roleplayers within the community.
The NEWS has never been shy of criticism and takes every form of it to build a stronger foundation.
Since September 2009, the NEWS saw new leadership when the then 24-year-old editor, Janine Viljoen, took over. At the 2011 Caxton Excellence Awards, the NEWS was recognised as one of the top five free publications in the country.
Cnr Generaal Pienaar and Ham street
Tel: 011 955 1130
Teamwork plays a very important role for this fierce editorial team, and respecting boundaries, building relationships and giving through a clear message of community, has been the forefront for this young team.
The NEWS team consists of Editor Janine Viljoen and journalists Amoryn Golden en Jacobus Myburgh.
Every week, avid readers can expect a newspaper consisting of local government news, social pages, charitable awareness, school happenings and sport stars gracing the back page. Within the paper there is also a comprehensive property guide, as well as Auto Dealer.
Contact us with your news suggestions on 011 955 1130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interesting facts about NEWS readers:
• The NEWS has a readership of 64 per cent.
• NEWS readers do most of their shopping at Key West Mall.
• 56 per cent are female, while 44 percent are male.
• 66 per cent are Afrikaans.
• 61 per cent are employed full time.
• 43% of households fall in the LSM 10 category and 33% LSM 9.
• 48 per cent of fall into the 35-49 year age category.
• Average household income is R25 871pm
• 36% of Purchase Decision makers earn between R25 000 and R50 999pm
* Statistics obtained from Roots Survey 2013.
- Kenmare / Ext 4
- Appel park
- Noordheuwel / Ext
- Dan Pienaarville
- Rangeview Ext 4
- Krugersdorp CBD / North / West
- Mindalore / North / South
- Quellerie Park
- Rant en Dal
- Wentworh Park
- Pine Haven
- Krugersdorp Central
- Protea Ridge
- West Village
Total distribution: 30 500 – Delivered on Wednesdays