WARNING: Burglars burn substance to keep residents asleep

The family's beloved dog found poisoned in the yard.

Residents were horrified after finding their beloved dog poisoned and their house burgled yesterday morning (10 February).

Sector 5 Community Policing Forum (CPF) members were called to the house on Rosenberg Street at around 6.30am.

The residents, who usually wake up earlier, woke up only at around 6am.

Outside they found their dog dead and a piece of newspapers laying close to the windowsill with a substance that seemed to have been burnt to keep them asleep while their house was being burgled.

The strange substance on the newspaper that was burned, believed to have kept the family sound asleep during the robbery.

The strange substance on the newspaper that was burned, believed to have kept the family sound asleep during the robbery.

“Whatever was on that newspapers totally knocked them out,” said a CPF patroller on the scene.

While they were sound asleep the burglars managed to load all their electronics into a Chevy Spark before fleeing.

The vehicle later was found abandoned at the corner of Robert Broom Drive and Moorcroft Road.

It is believed the suspects abandoned the vehicle before disappearing with the goods into Munsieville.

Also read:

• Dog poisoning alert in Krugersdorp

• Derde hond al vergiftig

• Can’t something be done about Two Step?

  AUTHOR
Marizka Coetzer
Journalist

find your
dream home

looking for an
affordable
apartment

List your Property

It's easy in only three
simple steps...

find professional
services in
your area

Locate a business
operating in
your area

List your Business

Want more customers? They're online right now, searching for businesses like yours. Place your ad now...

Latest News

COMMENTS

roodepoortrecord_new2014_smallgetitrandfontein_2014_smalllooklocal.co.zaAutodealer.co.za
Top